Please join us on Friday January 21st, 2022 for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS): An hour of critical thinking about how to predict, manage, and thwart massive traffic attacks.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Matthew Andriani, founder and CEO, MazeBolt
- Chris Grundemann (@ChrisGrundemann), research category lead (networking and security), GigaOm
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What entities play a part in dealing with distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks?
- What part of the experience is automated and what part has to be managed manually?
- What are the challenges around configuring a DDoS solution?
- What type of testing do companies do to see how well they can withstand DDoS attacks? And are they actually doing it?
- One of the complaints of DDoS solutions is that they focus on how much traffic they stop, but not on keeping a site up. What’s the disconnect?
- What kind of insights can you get from one DDoS attack that will help you prepare better for the next one?
- When is a DDoS not an attack and rather a smoke screen for another attack?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor MazeBolt
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.