Please join us on Friday January 28th, 2022 for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Data First Security: An hour of critical thinking about focusing your security program on data.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- As a thought exercise, what would you do if you focused your security program on just the asset?
- Users have too much access to data. Why aren’t we limiting access?
- Even if you manage users really well, it’s still not enough.
- Why is it protecting data so hard? Once it’s outside of the database it’s chaos.
- Data proliferates. An average customer record can appear in multiple files. Often they appear in different versions of the same file.
- Files are usually not monitored. So how do you deal with credit card fraud if you’re not monitoring credit card statements?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Varonis
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.