Please join the CISO Series community on Friday, January 8th, 2021 for “Hacking Cyber Media: An hour of critical thinking about how media companies are reporting on cyber news”.
- Dave Bittner (@bittner), producer and co-host, The CyberWire
- Carole Theriault (@caroletheriault), producer and co-host, Smashing Security podcast
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the responsibilities of media companies when it comes to reporting cybersecurity stories?
- How does that differ between mainstream media and industry specific media?
- What are the media companies not reporting that they should be reporting?
- What part of your cyber education is rooted in consuming industry media? What can be done to better improve it?
- What are the best avenues to receive that information?
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- Other bad ideas featured in “What’s Worse?!” game.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.