Please join us on Friday October 8th, 2021 for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Regulations: An hour of critical thinking of moving regulators from operational to risk-based auditing.”
Traditionally regulators have audited companies based on simple easy to measure metrics. While easy to quantify, they don’t do a good job to show how organizations, specific to their industry, are reducing risk. What should security leaders be doing to lead auditors in the direction of risk-based analysis?
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Tim Bowden, svp, vulnerability management, Truist
- Ed Bellis (@ebellis), CTO and co-founder, Kenna Security
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- If a regulator comes to you with a list to check, what’s an appropriate way to engage?
- What is a model risk management? What are you modeling after?
- When you show this approach to auditors, what do they respond to? What don’t they respond to?
- How do you risk rank an asset? How do you train a model? How do you reassess the model on a regular basis so it’s not going off the rail?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Kenna Security
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.