Please join us on Friday, November 13th, 2020 for “Hacking Multi-Factor Authentication: An hour of critical thinking on best technologies, implementations, and adoptions of MFA”.
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern and we go for one hour. At 11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
On CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast, we commonly talk about the one move you can do that will have the biggest impact on security, we consistently get two answers: password management and multi-factor authentication or MFA. While we do know the value of MFA, we also know that it’s often difficult to roll out and not all MFAs work for all employees and customers. We’ll talk about technologies, difficulties of deployment, and when MFA does and doesn’t work in the business cycle.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Taylor Lehmann (@BostonCyberGuy), CISO, board member, H-ISAC
- Bojan Simic (@bojansimic), CTO and co-founder, HYPR
Here are some questions to consider prior to our conversation:
Is there anything else in security that is universally known to be a weak link, like passwords, yet we still rely on it as a front line of defense?
- Why are passwords always the first to deploy?
- When does the discussion of MFA come about? What has to happen to passwords for people to start discussing MFA?
- What is the spectrum of MFA solutions and their factors of effectiveness, ease of use, and deployment?
- Where are the easiest vs. most difficult areas to deploy MFA?
- What holds up MFA deployments?
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor HYPR
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.