Please join us on Friday, November 20th, 2020 for “Hacking Data Protection and Visibility: An hour of critical thinking on how to gain back control of your data wherever it travels”.
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Cybersecurity products essentially fall into two buckets: Either you’re spending money to protect and contain data from theft, OR you’re spending money on threat intelligence to detect when the first set of stuff you spent your money on doesn’t work. So half of your budget is to protect data and the other half is when the first half doesn’t work.
You lose complete visibility of your data the moment you share that data (intentionally or unintentionally). Most companies don’t have a means to control their data in perpetuity. Encryption is a good first step for data protection, but it doesn’t help with visibility or control.
Let’s discuss some solutions.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
Here are some questions to consider prior to our conversation:
- How have we been handling data?
- What recourse do we have today if our data is released (intentionally or unintentionally) and there hasn’t been some type of leash attached to the data?
- How do you deal with the fact that the entire data protection model stops when you lose your personal level of visibility?
- What are the legal issues if we can’t control our data?
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Keyavi Data
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.