Join us on Friday, November 6th, 2020 for “Hacking Risk Management: An hour of critical thinking on how we’re allocating resources against our risk posture”.
Cybersecurity IS risk management. The concept of full security is a misnomer. Security professionals are always balancing risk for the sake of the business. What are all the factors that go into creating a risk profile and how do security professionals work with the business to balance that risk and heck, know if they’re even doing a good job.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Gerard Scheitlin, Reciprocity GRC expert and founder, RISQ Management
- Stephen Powell, director of operational risk management, Relativity
In preparation for the event, be thinking about the following questions:
- How do you create a baseline risk assessment? Are questionnaires enough?
- When and why is it important to bring in a third party to do an assessment?
- Where do you go about dealing with risk issues first?
- How do you go about rating yourself against similar companies?
- How do you know if you’re effectively managing (and maintaining) your risk posture?
- How do you know if managing a certain risk is far too costly?
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our event sponsor, Reciprocity
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Immediately following the video chat we’ll have our CISO Series Meetup where we’ll have impromptu 1-on-1 meetings where everyone will be randomly matched up. Five 5-minute meetings that will run for a total of 30 minutes.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.