Please join us on Friday, December 17th, 2021, for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Virtualization: An hour of critical thinking about how virtualization can simplify your security architecture.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Sandy Wenzel (@malwaremama), cybersecurity transformation engineer, VMware
- Edward Haletky (@texiwill), svp GIS platform security architect at a financial institution.
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What is virtualization’s role in security?
- Given that virtualization is powering cloud environments, what is virtualization’s role in zero trust architecture?
- Everyone is multi-cloud. Is there some way that virtualization can simplify your security?
- What are the legacy approaches to black box architecture that don’t work? I know lift and shift. But can we drill down and examine those aspects and more?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor VMware
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.