Please join us on Friday, February 26th, 2021 for CISO Series Video Chat “Hacking Fraud: An hour of critical thinking on identifying fraud’s variances and creating roadblocks to thwart it”.
In this video chat we’re going to go beyond the immediate perception of fraud just being a direct attempt at fooling someone with a financial transaction (e.g., gift cards). Fraud comes in many different forms, and any one attack may be an early step in a very long con. And the initial target may not be the ultimate target. What are the different forms of fraud? How do we make it more difficult to commit fraud so that it’s no longer a financially viable option?
Joining me for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the definitions of fraud?
- At various stages what are fraudsters after?
- What are the signals to track for valid and fraudulent activity?
- What are ways to make the fraud path no longer profitable?
- How are bots being used in fraud?
- Why is it so critical for the fraud department and security to be on the same page?
- Does detection become exponentially more difficult as we talk about third and fourth party fraud?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor F5
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- Other bad ideas featured in “What’s Worse?!” game.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series sweatshirt (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.