Please join us on Friday March 11th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday. Topic will be “Hacking Extreme Vulnerabilities: An hour of critical thinking about the confluence of concerns across threat actors’ intentions, industry targets, ransomware, and a company’s unique weaknesses.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Doug DeMio, CISO, American Family Insurance
- Ed Bellis (@ebellis), CTO and co-founder, Kenna Security (now part of Cisco)
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the ingredients necessary to understand what are your most severe vulnerabilities?
- Where does everyone always look to understand their most extreme vulnerabilities, and where don’t they look that they should? Is that different than what’s easy to understand vs. what’s difficult to understand?
- How different are your industry threats vs. the general threats?
- What are you doing today to improve your understanding of your attack surface?
- What is the difference between being a target for opportunity vs. being a target for attack?
- How do you get your team to focus on the extreme vulnerabilities first? And is that the way you should think about it?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Kenna Security (now part of Cisco)
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.