Please join us on Friday, March 5th, 2021 for “Hacking Systemic Risk: An hour of critical thinking around the inherent risk in running a digital business”.
Systemic risk is the risk that we all deal with as human beings, but also we deal with when we take on the challenge of starting and running a business. These are simply the risks inherent to running a business. We often can get bogged down trying to just stay in business and often assume risks.
Systemic risks don’t necessarily have to be permanent and unavoidable. Sometimes they are cognitive risks, or risks we assume we have to take on given the way we’re currently doing business. If we took the time to think more innovatively, there may be ways to sidestep these cognitive risks, thus reducing our overall risk and being more competitive.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Do we let ourselves get bogged down with operational and cyber risk? How often do we have the opportunity to look at systemic and cognitive risk?
- What are current examples of systemic and cognitive risk?
- In what scenarios have we seen businesses overcome cognitive risk?
- How do we go about identifying systemic and cognitive risk?
- Looking at how environmentalists tackle world risk (reduce, reuse, recycle), how can risk professionals look to tackle business risk? What are our three R’s?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor SecurityScorecard
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- Other bad ideas featured in “What’s Worse?!” game.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series sweatshirt (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.