Please join us on Friday, April 16th, 2021 for “Hacking Cloud Security Myths: An hour of critical thinking of the truths and lies around securing a cloud environment.”
Make sure to also check out my article, “Debunking 30 Enduring Myths of Cloud Security.”
Cloud security myths run the gamut from the cloud is more secure to less secure than your on premise environment. We’re going to tackle the origins of these myths, why they still persist, and if there’s a vein of truth to them, how do we address the issues.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Mark Nunnikhoven (@marknca), vp, cloud research, Trend Micro
- Marnie Wilking (@mhwilking), global head of security & technology risk management at Wayfair.
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the most dangerous cloud security myths?
- The cloud is secure/insecure. Since no one ever reads the fine print of their contracts, is there a way to simply explain the shared responsibility model of cloud computing?
- To what degree are you offloading/not offloading security responsibilities with a move to the cloud?
- Cloud vendors often use the myths to sell their services (e.g., you’ll be more competitive, you’ll save money, let us manage your compute environment).
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Trend Micro
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- Other bad ideas featured in “What’s Worse?!” game.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series sweatshirt (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.