Please join us on Friday, April 2nd, 2021 for CISO Series Video Chat “Hacking the IT-Security Gap: An hour of critical thinking of improving communications and control over digital processes”.
A security team’s job is to develop programs to mitigate the risk of IT. But that handoff often feels like a waterfall methodology where security is throwing over tools and recommendations with minimal control. Since security doesn’t own the endpoint or the infrastructure itself, they don’t have full control over what needs to be done. Who is dealing with issues? When you don’t know, people start blaming.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the priorities of the CIO vs. the CISO. Are they conflicting? If so, why is the CISO reporting to the CIO? Is the CIO representing the CISO and the needs of the security department properly?
- Where are communications falling short between security and IT?
- Is IT doing a good job maintaining their inventory? Whose job is it to track that? Security can only be as good as what IT gives them.
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor ServiceNow
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- Other bad ideas featured in “What’s Worse?!” game.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series fleece (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.