Please join us on Friday, May 13th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday. Topic will be “Hacking Complexity: An hour of critical thinking about how to consolidate and simplify a security program.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- David Richardson (@docgravel), vp, product, Lookout
- Sonja Hammond, CISO at National Veterinary Associates
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Is this a best of breed vs. best of platform debate?
- Is the complexity problem born out of poor/complicated communications between tools and people managing those tools?
- How are we solving problems? Are we relying on purchasing a tool to solve the problem or are we looking at what we have? Does the answer depend on your existing environment?
- How are we disseminating policies across tools and departments?
- Is there a way to know if we’re using our products correctly, that they’re reporting the correct information and we’re using them to their potential?
- How do you go about consolidating?
- Where are areas we can make less complex?
- How do you successfully sunset a solution?
- Can’t XDR take the place of a platform play?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Lookout
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.