Please join us on Friday, June 3rd, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking the Attack Surface: An hour of critical thinking about losing top-down control of data and users.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Zakir Durumeric, founder and chief scientist, Censys
- Brennan O’Brien, CISO, Genesis Financial Solutions
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- For years we’ve been hearing stories of the attack surface getting bigger. Now, it just seems infinite. Do we need to be thinking about the attack surface differently so it doesn’t appear so unwieldy?
- The issue seems to be primarily the cloud in combination with Shadow IT. Are there other ways to manage this when we feel it’s out of control? How do we operate now?
- Is there any way to get better asset management control? Is it just a situation of discovering what you’ve got and deleting stuff that shouldn’t be where it is?
- How do you find where your data is?
- Once you find them, how do you track them and manage them.
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Censys
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.