Please join us on Friday, July 29th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Current Events: An hour of critical thinking about how what’s happening in the world can and will affect your security program.”
REGISTER here for 7-29-22 live episode of Super Cyber Friday.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Casey Ellis (@caseyjohnellis), founder and CTO, Bugcrowd
- Katie Paxton-Fear (@InsiderPhD), lecturer in cybersecurity, Manchester Metropolitan University
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- High level, what are the signals you need to be aware of that a big story in the news will affect you, your business, and your industry? What can you ignore?
- Assuming that this is an issue you need to be concerned about, what are the different ways you need to prepare?
- Why is it important to study high profile attacks?
- What happens when your business makes the news saying that you’ve been hacked but you haven’t? How do you prove you haven’t been hacked?
- For high profile nation state issues, do you stay the course or do you have to do something else?
- How can big news affect you with targeted, indiscriminate, and chaotic attacks?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Bugcrowd
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.