Please join us on Friday July 8th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be Hacking Security Reporting: “An hour of critical thinking about producing, reading, responding, and repeating the process of understanding your security posture.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Dan DeCloss (@wh33lhouse), CEO, PlexTrac
- And a special guest (that means we’re still in booking mode)
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- How arduous is the security reporting process? What are all the activities that go into reporting a problem? What’s the workflow and engagement?
- The natural response is to say we ran the report, not use it for its guidance, and shelve it. How can we get the organization reacting better to the security/pentest report?
- What are we able to automate? What can’t be automated?
- How do others get involved in the reporting process? Where does it work/not work?
- What holds back an organization from moving from once a year reports to continuous reporting?
- How do we deal with the overwhelming number of options? Decision paralysis. There’s so much here, I don’t know where to start. How do you prioritize?
- How do you know if anything is improving?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, PlexTrac
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.