Hacking Healthcare Security: An hour of critical thinking on reducing risk across the health industry’s unique threat vectors.
You think you got security and privacy problems, then take a gander at the healthcare industry. Sure, they may be able to manage their data to adhere to HIPAA regulations, but how about all the third party vendors they work with who are not in the healthcare industry? Do they know what they should be doing?
Even if you’re not in healthcare, you should attend this session. Because if companies in healthcare can figure this out, and your business is in an industry that’s not nearly as stringently regulated, then you should be able to figure it out as well. The solution boils down to managing third-party cybersecurity risk using an established, data-driven approach, and asking the right questions (plus knowing the right answers).
Before the event, be thinking about the following:
- How to identify your unique risk vectors, from staffing to third parties.
- How to vet third parties to see how they manage healthcare risks.
- What are questions for third-party vendors that are unique to the healthcare industry?
- What are simple steps that can be taken to eliminate elements that simply introduce risk?
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, RiskRecon.
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Immediately following the video chat we’ll have our CISO Series Meetup where we’ll have impromptu 1-on-1 meetings where everyone will be randomly matched up. Five 6-minute meetings that will run for a total of 30 minutes.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.