Please join us on Friday, August 21st, 2020 at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET for “Hacking Third Party Risk : An hour of critical thinking on how to consider and measure all risks into your overall risk posture”.
Third party risk is the most unknown and most requiring of investigation. What are the steps to take in uncovering where that risk is, and how is it incorporated into an overall governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) program.
Joining me in this discussion will be:
- Gerard Scheitlin, Reciprocity GRC expert and founder, RISQ Management
- Nina Wyatt, CISO, Sunflower Bank
Before the event, be thinking about the following:
- How tenuous is a vendor management program?
- What’s the danger of separating third party risk from company risk?
- How do you keep ongoing tabs on third parties and their risk profiles?
- What’s an example of a risk that might not be a big deal for a third party vendor, but is a big deal to your company?
- When do reputational risks from a third party affect you, but not the third party?
- What are techniques to get third party vendors more onboard with aligning their risk with yours?
- What is inherent, residual risk, and overall risk for an organization?
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, Reciprocity
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Immediately following the video chat we’ll have our CISO Series Meetup where we’ll have impromptu 1-on-1 meetings where everyone will be randomly matched up. Five 6-minute meetings that will run for a total of 30 minutes.
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.