Please join us on Friday, September 24th, 2021 for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Threat Intelligence: An hour of critical thinking about what to trust in order to take necessary action.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Doug Mayer, vp, CISO, WiRB Copernicus Group
- Ed Bellis (@ebellis), co-founder and CTO, Kenna Security (now part of Cisco)
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- According to Kenna Security’s estimates, a good 60 to 70 percent of all reported vulnerabilities don’t need to be patched. How do you determine the 30 to 40 percent you do need to patch?
- There is a lot of threat intelligence out there and vendors put scare tactics into their intelligence. How do you tell what’s relevant and what you should be scared about? Is there an intelligence barometer or is it all gut? What can you trust?
- When does intelligence and the flood of information turn into misinformation?
- How do we need to apply and tweak our filters?
- No one source is perfect. What is the diminishing rate of return of this intelligence? When does one more source just not add enough value?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Kenna Security
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.