Please join us on Friday, October 28th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking APIs: An hour of critical thinking on protecting the conduits of corporate data.”
We discussed this very topic more than two years ago and it was one of our top five most popular shows. So, we’re revisiting it again.
Joining David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
- Karl Mattson, CISO, Noname Security
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- We discussed this two years ago. What have been the biggest changes in APIs and the process by which we secure them?
- How are APIs attacked?
- How can developers better be equipped to handle this issue?
- What are methods we’ve used that don’t work? What has worked? What are we missing?
- Are there areas of API security that are classically avoided but shouldn’t be?
- What are some classic API security mistakes?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Noname Security
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.