Please join us on Friday, January 20th, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday. REGISTER HERE.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Automated Security: An hour of critical thinking of how intelligent automation can achieve more without doing more.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Brian Vecci (@BrianTheVecci), field CTO, Varonis
- Ken Collins, Sr. Director, Information Security, Sunbelt Rentals, Inc.
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- The marketing of automation in security has been overselling what’s actually being achieved. What is the current reality of where we are today with automation?
- What automation is taking a lot of manual work to get up and running?
- We don’t need more discovery automation. What we need is more remediation automation. Where are we succeeding there? Is there a gentle balance that just needs a little manual nudge in the right direction?
- Where have you seen true success with security automation? Which organizations seem to get it right?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Varonis
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.