Please join us on Friday October 7th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Cloud Security Innovation: An hour of critical thinking of how securing the cloud must evolve.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Mike Milner (@secretmike), vp, cloud technology, Trend Micro
- Mark Houpt, CISO, DataBank
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the problems we’re seeing today we saw four years ago?
- Why do the same problems keep happening? Do we not have the right tooling, or is it just failed usage of the tooling?
- Much of the desire to secure devops is around educating developers. But couldn’t that be the solution for literally every problem? Putting more pressure on one group to be more secure when it’s not their core functionality can’t be sustainable.
- What’s working better in cloud security?
- How are tools getting better at finding problems?
- What are some areas that are begging for innovative solutions?
- Much of the discussion of secure DevOps is creating guardrails. Have we been evolving guardrails?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Trend Micro
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.