Please join us on Friday, December 2nd, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Cyber Insurance: An hour of critical thinking about getting the finance side to be working in concert with security and IT.”
REGISTER for 12-2-22 Super Cyber Friday.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Scott McCrady (@scottsman3), CEO, SolCyber
- Anthony Dagostino, CEO and founder, Converge
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What’s the point that companies need to actually be thinking about cyber insurance?
- How the heck does cyber insurance industry calculate rates? What does a cyber insurance actuarial table look like? What history can they draw on? It’s not like auto insurance where there’s decades of consistent history.
- What causes an application to get rejected for cyber insurance? What can companies do to improve their chances to get insurance?
- Where is the disconnect between what the cybersecurity department is trying to do to lower risk and what finance is trying to do to lower risk by purchasing insurance?
- Wouldn’t regulatory bodies/auditors be more valuable to determine insurance rates?
- What are processes security professionals can do when building their security program that would make it more palatable when seeking cyber insurance?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor SolCyber
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.