Please join us on Friday June 9th, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Data Loss: An hour of critical thinking about improving the marriage between data security and cybersecurity.”
REGISTER for 6-9-23 Super Cyber Friday event.
Joining me, David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series, for this discussion will be:
- Matt Radolec, sr. director incident response and cloud operations, Varonis.
- Mike Johnson, CISO, Rivian
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Why is data classification is the core trigger for all data security?
- Why do we struggle with data security? Are we constantly striving for zero trust losing the opportunity to practical security data.
- Where can we make progress in a practical way?
- What are we doing to minimize where data can travel, thereby minimizing the blast radius in the event of a breach.
- How much are you trying to data control through employees vs. automation?
- Where does culture play into data loss?
- How can data people towards cyber and cyber people towards data?
- Where is data encryption useful?
- What’s the difference between privileged identity management vs. privileged access management.
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Varonis
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.