Please join us on Friday, March 17th, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Kubernetes: An hour of critical thinking on dealing with new and emerging complex and transient container environments.”
REGISTER for 3-17-23 Super Cyber Friday.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Jimmy Mesta (@jimmesta), CTO, KSOC
- Mark Manning, principal security architect, Snowflake
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Why should we even concern ourselves with Kubernetes? What risk do these very powerful containers pose?
- Where does Kubernetes fit among a greater security program?
- What tools do we have to manage these types of workloads? Where do traditional tools fall short?
- If Kubernetes hasn’t been your strategy until now, what is it you should be looking for as you’re building out your program?
- Since Kubernetes is self service, how and what kinds of guardrails should you be creating?
- What’s the top of the list of issues with Kubernetes? Is it like anything in the cloud, misconfigurations?
- How are you dealing with the OWASP Top 10 Kubernetes Risks?
- Insecure Workload Configurations
- Supply Chain Vulnerabilities
- Overly Permissive RBAC Configurations
- Lack of Centralized Policy Enforcement
- Inadequate Logging and Monitoring
- Broken Authentication Mechanisms
- Missing Network Segmentation Controls
- Secrets Management Failures
- Misconfigured Cluster Components
- Outdated and Vulnerable Kubernetes Components
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor KSOC
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.