Please join us on Friday August 5th, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday. Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Open Source Security: An hour of critical thinking of how to better secure non-proprietary software and environments.”
Joining me, producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Why is this a separate discussion?
- Why do so many companies NOT have a security policy around open source? Do they think if they’re not dealing with it directly it’s not their problem?
- How do you even know where your open source software is?
- When you have a problem, where do you fix it? Do some even know where the source of the issue is?
- Will fixing it at the source actually fix the problem in a proprietary program?
- There are two audiences struggling with open source: People creating the software and the people using it who may or may not have development talent to fix the problem.
- How do you build on the collaboration and community, but let people know about security?
- What do you do when there’s only one person, or no one managing the open source program?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Snyk
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.