Please join us on Friday, February 3rd, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday. REGISTER HERE
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking People and Process: An hour of critical thinking about how to prevent hackers taking advantage of how we work.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are we talking about when we say “process?”
- Where can process improvements improve a security program?
- Where does the people and process budget compare to the technology budget?
- Attackers are trying to get into the flow of our communications. What do we need to know about how trackable our process is?
- What is the advice that doesn’t help? Procedural advice that will make you more secure vs. advice that is something people don’t want to do. E.g. don’t announce your new job.
- How do we build procedures that fight against the attackers’ effort to break your process? That’s their job and breaking your process is how they succeed.
- Process and procedures should be communications platform agnostic.
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, SlashNext
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.