Please join us on Friday, September 23rd, 2022 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Phishing: An hour of critical thinking about how malicious attackers weaken trusted forms of communications.”
Joining me, producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- It seems that battling phishing is a two-pronged defense strategy: Being aware of the techniques and putting controls in place when you’re not aware.
- All our communications platforms seem like trusted sources, but phishing has shown us that there are very few communications platforms that are truly safe. Which ones are the safest?
- Phishing has new names when it appears on other platforms, but it’s really all the same just happening on different platforms.
- What controls can we put in place to deal with phishing across all the different vectors?
- How do you deal with nested attacks, where they’re inline of an already existing conversation?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, SlashNext
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.