Please join us on Friday, May 12th, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Security Culture: An hour of critical discussion on motivating the entire organization to always be thinking conscientiously about security.”
REGISTER HERE for 5-12-23 event.
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Austin Wolf (@austinhwolf), staff information security analyst, Code42
- Brad Kroll, third party risk manager, Best Buy
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Where do you look for opportunities to build a security culture?
- What is an empathetic investigation, and why is it so important when dealing with employees?
- What type of transparency is necessary for a company’s security culture?
- All companies say “If you see/do something, say something.” They say you will not get in trouble, but people don’t believe that. What do you have to do so your staff truly believes that?
- What’s the line with tracking phishing behavior? Where do you have to push and pull back a little?
- How do you make failing a phishing test not a punishment?
- Can there be incentives for employees to tell on themselves?
- When you released your products, what did you find yourselves tweaking?
- How can security insert itself in the procurement process?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Code42
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.