Please join us on Friday, February 10, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday. REGISTER HERE.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Your Security Program: An hour of critical thinking of what you should do next to improve your security posture.”
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Dan DeCloss (@wh33lhouse), CEO, PlexTrac
- Carraig Stanwyck, vp, global cybersecurity and compliance, Avnet
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- Your security program is always a work in progress that’s always improving. Why is it key that your company view it that way, and you view other companies’ security programs that way.
- What are the variables that should be considered when answering the question, “What should I work on next to strengthen my security posture/lower my risk?”
- Just because I patched something, how do I know if I’m actually making any progress?
- Why should we compare our efforts to our peers? Are we in competition or are we learning from them?
- Why is it critical for a company to have a brand of ongoing security improvement?
- How do you fight the urge to do the easy thing vs. what will really have an impact on your security program? Who have you seen excel in this area?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour (2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific) we’ll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor PlexTrac
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.